Our experience tells us that the process of finding the right property, obtaining finance and completing the purchase often takes a few months but can happen quicker.
We recommend that you come and talk to us early, perhaps even before you have found the property in order to see what you might be able to afford. This may help you in finding the right property.
Some of the key steps which you can expect in the mortgage process are therefore as follows:
- Come and talk to us about what you can afford and we will give you an indicative amount you may be able to borrow based on your circumstances
- Find the right property and make an offer
- Make a formal mortgage application and provide all the supporting documentation required
- We will make the credit decision and if you agree to proceed we will instruct a valuer to survey the property
- We will issue documents which provide you with clear information about the key terms and conditions of our mortgage
- We issue you with a facility letter and give you a seven day reflection period before you have to accept the offer
- We will instruct a lawyer to review the title and arrange for the mortgage to be put in place
- A completion date is agreed, the mortgage draws down and you get the keys to the property